Wedding Bells: outfit of the day

Today is an exciting day, as two friends are tying the knot! I am looking forward to a great day, including a ceremony in the lovely historic city hall of my home town Leiden and a party in a proper castle! Needless to say, I relish the opportunity to dress up and experiment (though only a little) with hair and makeup. I wanted to share my outfit with you and I will try to post a picture or two on instagram to give you an idea of the full look!

weddingoutfit

Vandaag is een geweldige dag: de trouwdag van twee vrienden! Ik heb veel zin in een mooie ceremonie in het historische gemeentehuis van Leiden en een feest in een echt kasteel! Natuurlijk is het altijd leuk om een outfit samen te stellen voor zo’n speciale gelegenheid en (een klein beetje) te experimenteren met haar en makeup. Ik wilde mijn outfit alvast met jullie delen en zal proberen om nog een paar fotos op instagram te zetten met de volledige look!

9 thoughts on “Wedding Bells: outfit of the day

1. Lynne October 26, 2014 / 5:19 pm

That is such a cute dress!

• Anne October 26, 2014 / 5:33 pm

Thanks Lynne!

2. nadinebl October 24, 2014 / 9:34 pm

This outfit is gorgeous! I have always been a huge fan of lace. I am curious about the Dutch translations of your posts. Are you studying the language? πŸ™‚

• Anne October 25, 2014 / 9:50 am

Thanks, I adore lace as well and this happened to be the theme colour of the wedding πŸ™‚
      I am actually Dutch so it is my first language, but I wanted my blog to be bilingual to reach a broader audience. I’ll see how it goes.

• nadinebl October 25, 2014 / 10:49 am

Oh, that’s lovely! Your English is excellent. I would have never guessed that it’s not your native language. I am relatively fluent in Afrikaans. Afrikaans and Dutch looks quite similar. It’s actually so interesting to me because I can actually read Dutch because of the similarities. Writing it would be a different story for me though. πŸ˜€
        Good luck with everything! I think your idea to make it bilingual is excellent. πŸ™‚

• Anne October 25, 2014 / 9:41 pm

Thanks Nadine. Afrikaans is such a great language. there are some really awesome dutch-derived words in their; like hijsbakkie. πŸ™‚

• nadinebl October 25, 2014 / 11:25 pm

As in an elevator/lift? I love that word! πŸ˜€ What I enjoy about reading Dutch is that even though the spelling is sometimes different, I can still make sense of it. πŸ™‚

• Anne October 26, 2014 / 2:44 pm

Yeah, the dutch just say lift, whereas hijsbakkie translates literally as little box that goes up… gets me everytime πŸ™‚

• nadinebl October 26, 2014 / 3:03 pm

We also say lift. I wasn’t sure which one you used though. πŸ™‚ I know some people would not know what I was talking about if I spoke about a lift. πŸ™‚ It’s quite interesting. Languages are such beautiful things. πŸ˜€ If I am not mistaken, in Afrikaans, it is spelt ‘hysbak’ or ‘hysbakkie’ if we use the verkleinsvorm. I can’t think of the proper English word for when you make an object seem ‘smaller’. I think it is the diminutive form in English.