Festive Christmas Tree

Time flies this time of year, doesn’t it? I can’t believe it is almost Christmas already. I adore real Christmas trees: they make your entire house smell so nice. Last year I made a slight miscalculation during my purchase. DespiteΒ picking the smallest tree in the lot, I quickly realized after arriving home in my tiny apartment that I would not be using my dining room table for a while due to the width of the tree…whoopsie. Having learned from this mistake, this year I decided on a smaller tree which could be placed on a side cupboard. My ornaments are a mix of duck egg blue and silver baubles, not exactly traditional but I love the color. Do let me know what you think and let me know if you have ever had tree incidents?!

Christmas

De tijd vliegt echt voorbij de laatste weken. Ik kan niet geloven dat het alweer bijna Kerst is. Ik ben dol op echte kerstbomen: ze ruiken zo lekker. Vorig jaar maakte ik een kleine vergissing tijdens het uitkiezen van de kerstboom. Ik koos de kleinste boom in de winkel, maar ik realiseerde me al snel dat de breedte van de boom betekende dat ik mijn eettafel een aantal weken niet kon gebruiken…oeps. Daarom besloot ik dit jaar om een kleinere boom te kiezen en op een kastje neer te zetten. Mijn versiering bestaat uit een combinatie van ijsblauw en zilver, niet bepaald traditioneel maar ik ben dol op de kleur. Laat me weten wat je vind?!

29 thoughts on “Festive Christmas Tree

1. Jamie Wiley December 17, 2014 / 9:41 pm

I love the little tree. It’s so cute and a great idea for a smaller space! I agree that they give off an amazing smell. Unfortunately, my cats climb up our fake tree and eat the fake pine needles. I can only imagine what they’d do to a real one. So, I made due with an evergreen scented air freshener and candles.

• Anne December 18, 2014 / 10:46 am

Oh cats, you have to love them. Strangely though, ours was always much more destructive with the fake tree…but I guess that really depends on your cat πŸ˜‰

2. Asa December 13, 2014 / 12:55 am

Your tree is adorable! Love the colors. I need to try and get my tree this weekend. I’m running behind schedule.

• Anne December 13, 2014 / 10:51 am

Oh, thank you!
      Will you be sharing your tree on your blog? I am so curious to see how other bloggers decorate!

• Asa December 15, 2014 / 5:40 am

It’s a possibility. We didn’t end up getting our tree this weekend but by next weekend we should have. Better late then never. πŸ™‚ I too would love to see other bloggers trees. So fun.

• Anne December 13, 2014 / 10:50 am

Thanks Amy, hope you have a great weekend as well!

3. shwetajoshi December 12, 2014 / 6:14 pm

Love the ornaments… can even use them after holiday season entwined with fairy lights. And the tree looks great in the corner, good idea for small spaces. 😊

• Anne December 12, 2014 / 6:45 pm

Thanks πŸ˜€
      I hadn’t even thought of reusing the ornaments, great idea!

4. Nadine December 12, 2014 / 4:54 pm

Ooh, this makes me want to put my tree up too. It looks so pretty! πŸ˜€

• Anne December 12, 2014 / 6:43 pm

I still cannot wrap my head around a christmas tree in the middle of summer… it is meant for cold weather and days when it is dark at 16.30 πŸ™‚

• Nadine December 12, 2014 / 7:28 pm

Hahaha I am sure it is quite something to anyone who has a winter Christmas. To me, it’s so normal because it’s what I am used to. I absolutely love it. πŸ˜€

• Anne December 12, 2014 / 10:45 pm

I guess it is great that you can hit the beach during the christmas holiday πŸ™‚ Much better than ice skating!

• Nadine December 12, 2014 / 11:14 pm

I’m also not the biggest fan of winter so it’s so lovely to be able to live somewhere where Christmas and my birthday are both in summer. πŸ˜€

• Anne December 13, 2014 / 10:49 am

Oeh, when is your birthday?

• Nadine December 13, 2014 / 1:07 pm

It’s the 2nd of January. When’s yours? πŸ™‚

• Anne December 13, 2014 / 2:31 pm

You are kidding: mine is the 5th!

• Nadine December 13, 2014 / 6:42 pm

Hahaha they are so close! πŸ˜€ I shall add yours to my calender. πŸ˜€

5. annie'sbeauty... December 12, 2014 / 3:55 pm

Mine is not up yet! We have a tradition here, where Santa brings us the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve… So until then… 😁xx

• Anne December 12, 2014 / 6:42 pm

Really? That is so funny, here it is tradition to put the tree up the weekend after Sinterklaas (a traditional chidlren’s feast). πŸ™‚

• annie'sbeauty... December 12, 2014 / 7:14 pm

Yup. And when I was little my mom and dad sat up all night to get the tree up… and to keep an eye on me not to wake up. I just wanted to say Hi to Santa! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚xx

6. Karen Rees December 12, 2014 / 10:51 am

Gorgeous tree Anne, love those colours too – it looks beautiful on the side table, very festive in a classy way πŸ˜‰ X

• Anne December 12, 2014 / 11:03 am

Thanks Karen πŸ™‚
      I just wish I could have a giant tree and go all out, but this works for now πŸ˜€ X

7. ohsodora December 12, 2014 / 10:29 am

Your tree is so cute! And the decorations are really pretty.
    Simple yet so festive. πŸ™‚

(Also, love the cards in te bottom haha)

• Anne December 12, 2014 / 11:01 am

Thanks! I love my simple ornaments, but they are starting to bore me just a little after three years…maybe something different next year!

• ohsodora December 12, 2014 / 12:31 pm

Haha I know the feeling, trust me… I’ve had the same ornaments for so long..
        I need to get some new ones.

• Anne December 12, 2014 / 6:46 pm

Glad I am not the only one πŸ™‚
          I find it difficult to get rid of them if they don’t break though…

• ohsodora December 13, 2014 / 5:28 pm

I know! They have a sentimental vallue haha πŸ˜€