Terrific Top Coats: Sparkling Matt

nails of the week essence sparkling matt topcoat and dark blue polish

Sparkling Matt seems to be a rather contradictory name for a top coat: how can it possibly be matte and sparkling at the same time? Somehow, Essence have managed!

This Sparkling Matt topcoat is called 03 add on magic! and gives a matte finish to your chosen base color while adding tiny golden sparkles that catch the light. Under darker light, you nails look semi matte, but you can only fully appreciate the sparkling effect in the sun. I love this a lot more than I thought I would and will be experimenting further.

The dark blue base tone you see here is the Essence I♥Trends nail polish in 09 the night of magic. A lovely glossy dark blue polish that really helped set off the golden sparkle of the top coat.

A great start for these Essence polishes that I picked up recently in a bargain advent calender.

Sparkling Matt is een nogal tegenstrijdige naam voor een top coat: hoe kan iets nou tegelijkertijd mat en glimmend zijn? Toch is het Essence gelukt!

nails of the week essence sparkling matt topcoat and dark blue polish

Deze Sparkling Matt topcoat heet 03 add on magic! en geeft een matte effect aan je gekozen basiskleur terwijl er kleine gouden glitters inzitten. In donkere omstandigheden zien je nagels er semi-matte uit, maar in zonlicht vallen de gouden glitters mooi op. Ik vind het een heel gaaf effect, beter dan ik had verwacht, en ga er zeker verder mee experimenteren.

De donkerblauwe basis kleur die je hier ziet is de Essence I♥Trends nagellak in 09 the night of magic. Een mooie glanzende donkerblauwe lak die echt mooi staat met de gouden glitter van de top coat.

Een goede start voor deze Essence nagellakjes die ik laatst in een super goedkope advent kalender kocht.

9 thoughts on “Terrific Top Coats: Sparkling Matt

• Anne February 24, 2016 / 9:11 am

Matte polish can be so tricky. And it usually chips like crazy, but this was actually quite nice.

1. stashmatters February 23, 2016 / 8:59 pm

Interesting concept! I bet it would look neat as nail art – like just doing a French mani tip with the top coat and leaving the rest plain. I’ll have to see if Essence released this here. What will they think of next? 😛

• Anne February 24, 2016 / 9:12 am

Oh yes excellent idea! I am not sure, these mini ones are limited editions but I am sure Essence must have something very similar in the regular collection.

2. fivezero February 23, 2016 / 8:31 pm

Cool concept! I like that combination a lot, surprisingly.

3. lovetoreview333 February 23, 2016 / 3:22 pm

Very neat! Essence just came out with a new spring line and I picked up their new eyeshadows, lip liners and new lip shades. They have some really pretty colours for spring so keep your eyes open next time you are out and about.

4. Lifestylebites3 February 23, 2016 / 3:20 pm

Lovely hue and anyway, this colour is an all rounder and so you could wear it in any time of the year.

5. Sanae February 23, 2016 / 12:59 pm

Wow, dat ziet er heel mooi uit!