A little messy: Hema Remover Oil

Hema Bye Bye Eye Makeup Remover Oil

After some amazing experiences with the cheap and cheerful Bye Bye Eye Make Up remover series bij Dutch department store Hema, I thought I would give another one a go. This is the fragrance free remover oil for all types of eye make-up.

Unfortunately, this particular version wasn’t a succes for me. It is meant to remove waterproof mascara as well, but it tends to leave a residue. Hema does indicate that if using this on waterproof products you ought to combine it with another milk or lotion. That is just a little too much effort for me too be honest, I expect any remover – and an oil in particular – to just do the job.

Hema Bye Bye Eye Makeup Remover OilThis also leaves a very distinct oily layer that feels uncomfortable. I don’t mind a mild greasy film – though I know some of you hate it – but this is a little much even for me. It just turns a little messy.

Too bad, as this is a very affordable remover in convenient packaging. The lack of fragrance is also good news for anyone with sensitive eyes. Better luck next time.

Hema Bye Bye Eye Makeup Remover Oil

Na een aantal super ervaringen met de goedkope en leuke Bye Bye Eye Make Up remover serie van de Hema, besloot ik om nog een versie te proberen. Deze geurvrije olie reiniger is geschikt voor alle soorten oog make-up.

Helaas was deze versie geen doorslaand succes. Het zou ook waterproof mascara moeten verwijderen, maar laat toch restjes achter. Hema geeft ook aan dat je voor het verwijderen van waterproof producten deze reiniger moet combineren met een andere melk of lotion. Om eerlijk te zijn is me dat wat teveel moeite, ik verwacht dat elke reiniger – en zeker op olie basis – zelfstandig werkt.

Hema Bye Bye Eye Makeup Remover Oil

Deze laat ook een opvallende olie laag achter die oncomfortabel aanvoelt. Ik vind een vet laagje niet zo erg – hoewel ik weet dat sommige van jullie het echt haten – maar dit is een beetje teveel voor me. Het word’n beetje ‘n rommeltje.

Heel jammer, want dit is wel een betaalbare reiniger in een handige verpakking. Het gebrek aan geur is ook goed nieuws voor meiden met gevoelige ogen. Volgende keer beter.

18 thoughts on “A little messy: Hema Remover Oil

1. ABeautifulWhim April 12, 2016 / 7:42 am

I’m always looking for an eye makeup remover (that works *key word*) that doesn’t leave an oily residue. It’s so weird they say oil-free but there’s something very oily in many of the formulas. I’ve never researched what it is. I just continuously throw them out or return them.

• Anne April 12, 2016 / 9:36 am

It is so tricky: i love the effectiveness of oil in removing waterproof but i dislike the residue. I’ve given up avoiding it though, just wipe it off with a bit of toner afterwards. Have you found favorite yet?

• ABeautifulWhim April 13, 2016 / 8:01 am

I just got the Lancome one today, so that could become a new fave, I’ll let you know when I try out tomorrow. I have tried one by Cures from Avance. It leaves no oily residue and it’s pretty nice but it doesn’t just instantly wipe away the eye makeup. Maybe I’m packing on a lot though too…..

2. stashmatters April 12, 2016 / 3:35 am

Not of fan of removers that leave an oily residue – they also cause my visual to go blurry! Maybe you can use this to clean your brushes? That’s what I sometimes do – use my least favourite makeup removers to clean the brushes I use for gel liners and concealers – I do a second cleanse on them with a baby shampoo to get both the oily residue and the remaining product off.

• Anne April 12, 2016 / 9:36 am

Oh that is an amazing idea! Thanks so much, I was already wondering how to use this up so as not to waste it. Will be trying this soon.

3. Nadine April 11, 2016 / 8:27 pm

It’s always a pity when products disappoint when they have the potential to be great. That packaging really is quite convenient. xx

• Anne April 12, 2016 / 9:37 am

It was too bad but at least it wasn’t very expensive.

4. Amelia Vesper April 11, 2016 / 6:54 pm

Bummer! I know so many people swear by makeup remover oil, but I’ve never had luck completely removing waterproof eye makeup with it ๐Ÿ˜ฆ I must have extremely stubborn eye makeup!

xo Mil

• Anne April 12, 2016 / 9:39 am

I usually love those dual phase removers, but some are definitely more effective than others. Do you have a favorite? I am hunting around for my next attempt. xo Anne

• Amelia Vesper April 13, 2016 / 2:23 am

My favorite is Neutrogena’s oil free eye makeup remover – I’ve tried others but nothing else seems to compare!

• Anne April 12, 2016 / 9:40 am

hihi we are such high maintenance difficult beauty addicts ๐Ÿ˜‰ Have a lovely week hun.

5. Lifestylebites3 April 11, 2016 / 10:30 am

I don’t like the greasy stuff laying on my skin and it feels quite a kind of discomfort for me.

6. outofmythoughts April 11, 2016 / 8:37 am

You have such lovely photographs on your blog! Even though I don’t have access to this product, I just like looking at your photos. They are always so creative! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anne April 12, 2016 / 9:42 am

Oh thank you so much! That is really sweet of you. Taking nice photos can be tricky ๐Ÿ˜‰