Express 2in1: Garnier’s Waterproof Eye Make-up Remover

Garnier express 2in1waterproof make-up remover

Settle in for another review of a dual phase waterproof eye make-up remover. This time, I went with Garnier’s offering called Express 2 in 1 that has a lovely purple tone as opposed to the more common blue shades.

This purple concoction is actually very good at dealing with waterproof make-up without too much rubbing. Like all dual phase removers, it feels a little oily on the lid but I personally don’t mind. It doesn’t blur my vision and my sensitive eyes have no issues with this formule.

Garnier express 2in1waterproof make-up remover

The 2 in 1 mentioned in the name refers to the fact that this product isn’t just made to remove difficult eye make-up efficiently, but is also meant to take care of your eyelashes. Garnier suggests this effect will appear after four weeks, but I honestly haven’t noticed any difference. This product is actually soft on the lashes, but not necessarily softer than my favorites from Loreal or No7.

The packaging can make all the difference and it is excellent. It closes properly, important as you have to shake this before use, but is easy to open. It also dispenses the product without creating a spill.

Overall, a very decent product without parabens. I have been looking around for a more natural alternative though, so please let me know if you have any suggestions!

26 thoughts on “Express 2in1: Garnier’s Waterproof Eye Make-up Remover

1. ClassicMaggie August 4, 2016 / 6:52 am

I’ve been using Garnier’s Micellar Water to remove my makeup and its pretty good, but my favourite makeup remover is Sephora’s Triple Action Cleansing Water. Not natural by any means but it takes all of my makeup off with ease but its still super gentle on my skin. Good makeup removers are hard to find!

• Anne August 4, 2016 / 10:02 am

I just wish we had sephora here. I picked up one of their eye makeup removers while travelling once and loved it, but I just can’t get it here.

• ClassicMaggie August 6, 2016 / 7:00 am

Oh right, I forgot about that! Do you know if there are any plans to expand into your area at all?

• Anne August 8, 2016 / 7:54 pm

Strangely, they were here as a shop in shop concept in on of our big department chains for about a year. Must not have been worth it, as they closed down after just a year but I still miss them.
          I just wish they would make it easier to order online for us Europeans.

• ClassicMaggie August 9, 2016 / 9:20 pm

Oh interesting! I feel the same way about Target, they didn’t stick around long here either. Totally miss them too. Are you not able to order online through them either?

• Anne August 13, 2016 / 10:49 am

I have to go through the french website (my french is rusty at best) and they don’t have all the brands and options or incur massive import fees on the american webstore -_-. They really should make a european webstore in english 😛

• ClassicMaggie August 14, 2016 / 5:01 am

Omg that sounds like such a pain! I’ve had some bad experiences with ordering online lately from the US as the Canadian dollar is at an all-time low. So I feel your pain! ☹️

• Anne August 4, 2016 / 10:05 am

Interesting! it works well for me even on my thougher waterproof mascaras, but I do have to use a little more remover and let it soak a little to prevent loads of rubbing.

• Anne August 4, 2016 / 10:10 am

That no7 one is just so good! Love Loreal’s version as well 🙂
      xo Anne

• Anne August 4, 2016 / 10:11 am

It is just great! I love no7 and loreal just as much 🙂
      xo Anne

2. stashy August 2, 2016 / 6:34 pm

I really hate oily residue with eye makeup removers – the best I’ve found has been Biotherm but I haven’t looked into natural options so I can’t recommend any!

• Anne August 4, 2016 / 10:11 am

Natural versions are just so tricky, I really have to have a good look around to see if anything passable is out there!

• Anne August 4, 2016 / 10:13 am

Me too! I noticed they have just released a micellar with oil in it, might give that a try as well.
      xx Anne

3. jodi - a brash attitude August 2, 2016 / 12:47 pm

I just use either grape seed oil or coconut oil to remove my eye makeup – at the same time it conditions my eyelashes.

4. mynovemberblog August 2, 2016 / 9:16 am

I do like garner make up remover products the only thing I don’t get along with from them is the moisturiser, but you can’t have it all 😂

• Anne August 4, 2016 / 10:14 am

I have never tried anything besides this and the micellar water, but that one is also really good!