Perfect Summer Aid: Bioderma Hydrabio SPF 30 Anti-UV Mist

bioderma hydrabio eau de soin spf 30 moisturising anti-UV mist

The prize for the best new beauty product I have tried all summer has to go to the Bioderma Hydrabio moisturising Anti-UV mist with SPF 30. It is just such a brilliant idea: a face mist with sunscreen you can simply spray on. I don’t understand why there aren’t more brands out there doing this, but luckily the execution by Bioderma is pretty great!

This little spray comes in a very pretty white can with some blue and gold details. You shake the can well before use, close your eyes, and spray from about 20 cm distance onto your face. The mist produced by the can is very fine and coats your face evenly. It just forms a little layer on top of your skin or over your make-up without disturbing it.

Just to be clear: I don’t think you should be using this as your only sunscreen. In stead, think of it as a great convenient top-up that you can easily bring along in your handbag. No need to find a mirror and apply sunscreen, just find a spot in the sun and spray.

bioderma hydrabio eau de soin spf 30 moisturising anti-UV mistIt has taken a while for the sun to come out so I could test it properly, but I have been loving it. It gives a slightly shiny appearance to the skin, but nothing to greasy. It keeps make-up in place, so it is perfect to bring to work for that lunch break in the sun.

This spray contains 50 ml and is available for about £9 / € 11, though prices vary a little depending on your supplier. I think my can will last me through the summer, as you only need a little to keep your face protected. I obviously love this, but I have also been testing a version by La Roche Posay so stay tuned for that review.

12 thoughts on “Perfect Summer Aid: Bioderma Hydrabio SPF 30 Anti-UV Mist

1. Travels of a beauty addict August 7, 2016 / 5:47 am

Wow, I live in Bangkok and this sounds like the ideal thing to throw in my bag when I’m just out and about. I find here that my face SPF wears/sweats off so easily and i’m not great at remembering to reapply when i’m not sunbathing. I will definitely be looking out for this – thank you!!!
    x

• Anne August 8, 2016 / 7:52 pm

Oh this sounds ideal for you 😀 Bangkok most be an amazing place to live!!
      xx

• Anne August 8, 2016 / 7:58 pm

These sprays are just the best invention ever! Wish more brands would do these here in Europe 😀 xx

2. stashy August 4, 2016 / 4:43 am

How convenient to have a spray SPF! I just tried a spray one for the body and it is really good! I was worried that I wasn’t applying enough, or evenly but it did the job when I was out all day in the sun (I did reapply).
    I like the idea of taking this to reapply if I’m out and about. Currently I use a loose SPF powder for that purpose but it doesn’t look too good after you’ve been sweating!

• Anne August 4, 2016 / 10:04 am

Spray’s are just the best, though I agree it can be tricky to see if you have applied evenly (particularly on the body).
      I just never got along with loose spf powders. I rock a spf 50 underneath my make-up every day, but that just won’t last all day and this is the perfect extra protection.

• Anne August 4, 2016 / 10:06 am

Absolutely! Great if you need to top up the protection on a long day or have an unexpected moment in the sun 🙂

3. Yiota August 3, 2016 / 8:51 am

I saw this product the other day but I could not quite understand what it is and how/when to use it. Thanks for the review and useful information 🙂

Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

• Anne August 4, 2016 / 10:10 am

I think their description and name are a bit vague, they should have just called it spf in a spray or something.