Best of British: Look Fantastic Beauty Box August

Look Fantastic Best of British Beauty Box August

The latest Look Fantastic beauty box has arrived and it is another beauty. This month’s theme is Best of British and contains six skin- and haircare products from great British brands. Look away now if you don’t want to see the contents!

I” start by showing you what is in the pretty pink box and wrap it up with an overal impression of this month’s box and the subscription service in general.

There is one hair care product in here: Percy & Reed’s Wonder Balm. Love the cute packaging, though I am not sure this is going to work for my fine hair. We’ll see. The second sample ties into a big theme emerging in skincare: anti-pollution products to tackle inflammation and other skin issues caused by micro particles in dirty city air. Ren’s Flash Defence Anti-Pollution Mist sounds intriguing as I love the idea of a handbag face mist to help you with these issues throughout the day.

Look Fantastic Best of British Beauty Box August

I love finding new brands in these beauty boxes and Bloom and Blossom is a natural skincare brand I was not familiar with. This Rejuvenating Facial Spritz smells like a lovely herbal concoction and aims to add radiance to tired skin. Curious to see how this compares to the floral toners I usually prefer. Another green skincare brand I haven’t tried before is Renu. The Look Fantastic Beauty Box contains the Lip and Eye Active Lift aimed to reduce dark circles with a formula free from fragrance, parabens, and even wheat. My dark circles are pretty stubborn, but we’ll give it a go.

Look Fantastic Best of British Beauty Box August

A natural brand I am very familiar with is balance me: I have tried and love several of their skincare products in the past. The Congested Skin Serum is a spot treatment with a non-greasy formula that should work for all skintypes. Sounds perfect and I was actually looking for a spot treatment product, so this is a great find.

The last product in the Best of British Beauty Box is the Bee Good Vanilla and Honey Lip Balm. It sounds and smells delicious. Though I have quite a few lip balms in my to test pile, this just move to the top of the list.

Look Fantastic Best of British Beauty Box August

I love the contents of this Look Fantastic Beauty Box: it contains loads of natural skincare samples. As a green beauty lover I think this is a great box, but I have to admit it is a little unbalanced this month with a lot of focus on the face. It might have been nice to see some natural make-up in there. Still, the sample sizes are very generous and I feel this box is definitely worth the money. You can get this box at Look Fantastic with prices varying from £15 / €18,95 / $20 for a single box to £11.25 / €13,95 / $15 each with a 12 month subsciption.

14 thoughts on “Best of British: Look Fantastic Beauty Box August

1. Cosmetic Obsessive August 10, 2016 / 5:02 pm

I’ve been considering swapping my Birchbox for a look fantastic box but I can’t seem to quite make the jump.

• Anne August 13, 2016 / 10:05 am

I can understand that. I have loved the last few Look Fantastic Boxes, but they aren’t always winners and can be a little unbalanced.

• Cosmetic Obsessive August 13, 2016 / 9:51 pm

Yeah thats the thing thats putting me off a little bit. I had thought about Little Known Box as well but I think every box is a bit little that its the risk you have with beauty boxes

• Anne August 17, 2016 / 9:51 am

True, every box will have months that don’t appeal to you, even though others may love them.

2. ClassicMaggie August 10, 2016 / 5:54 am

I love getting lip balms in subscription boxes – I find they aren’t included often enough. I’m a bit of a lip balm fiend though…😉. The one you received sounds so nice – what a great little box!

• Anne August 13, 2016 / 10:45 am

Exactly and you can always use another lip balm as mine seem to prefer living in my different handbags 😉

• ClassicMaggie August 14, 2016 / 5:03 am

Haha I panic and start licking my lips obsessively if/when I realize I don’t have a lip balm on my person! I’m a total addict…😳

• Anne August 17, 2016 / 9:49 am

That is funny! I am not that addicted in summer, but I need them in winter!!

3. stashy August 9, 2016 / 4:31 am

What a great way to discover new brands / products! Although I’ve heard of Ren, I’ve not heard of that Anti-Pollution Mist – hope it’s a good one.

• Anne August 13, 2016 / 10:52 am

I think it is one of their latest releases: quite curious to try it myself.

4. ingrid August 8, 2016 / 2:02 pm

I would get this subscription’s box just for the packaging … So freaking cute !!! I want the Bee Good Vanilla and Honey Lip Balm.Yummy 🍯

• Anne August 8, 2016 / 7:51 pm

The packaging and themes are really cute 😀 They have really upped their game recently.
      That lip balm smells so good! Can’t wait to test it.

• ingrid August 9, 2016 / 7:20 pm

I don’t know why, but I’m always drawn to anything with a British theme ! (even clothes & accessories👛- weird🇳🇿)

Liked by 2 people

• Anne August 13, 2016 / 10:50 am

Not weird at all, I think I must have lived there in a previous life as I love anything british as well.