Cult Classic: Avene Eau Thermale

Avene Eau Thermale Facial Mist

The French know their stuff when it comes to skincare and French pharmacy brands produce some amazing yet usually affordable skincare. Among these cult classics is Avene’s Eau Thermale. Worth the hype?

This is a very simple product with a single ingredient: thermal water from the Sainte-Odile spring in France. This water has is calming for the skin and the purity makes it hypoallergenic and suitable for the most sensitive among us. The water comes in a pressurised container that delivers a very fine mist.

Avene Eau Thermale Facial Mist

Avene’s Eau Thermale can be used in many different ways. I use it as a toner after cleansing my skin in the morning and evening, but the fine mist also works well as a make-up finishing spray to take down an overly powdery appearance. However, Avene indicates it also works well to combat any irritations, such as abrasions, itches, or burnt skin.

The price is another great aspect of Eau Thermale. This spray can contains a whopping 300 ml and only cost me €10 (£8.80 or $11). It was a great deal, as it came with a limited edition miniature spray that I have been keeping in my fridge for extra freshness on warm days.

This is a great facial mist, because the fine mist is really refreshing and calming for the skin. I think it is a great and more affordable alternative to organic floral waters, especially for ladies with sensitive skin.

8 thoughts on “Cult Classic: Avene Eau Thermale

1. TheTypicalBeautyBlog August 16, 2016 / 3:17 pm

The Avene Thermale range at Boots has been on my wish-list for the longest time! Was nice to read a blog post about it! 😊

• Anne August 17, 2016 / 9:18 am

It is definitely a great and typically french product: simple but effective. The only thing I personally miss just a little is a nice scent to the face mist, but it is just so soothing.

• Anne August 17, 2016 / 9:46 am

Oh this is definitely your thing!

2. missfloranze August 12, 2016 / 1:15 am

I have a smaller version in my handbag most of the time. Such great product! =)

• Anne August 13, 2016 / 9:57 am

It is a lovely spray 😀 Might shift my mini from the fridge to my handbag, as we haven’t exactly been enjoying a great summer here.

3. stashy August 11, 2016 / 6:46 pm

I also love this after the gym, it feel so good all over, not just the face!

Liked by 2 people

• Anne August 13, 2016 / 9:58 am

Oh that is a great tip! Will be testing that 😀