Mario Badescu: Seaweed Cleansing Soap and Lotion

Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Soap and Lotion

As a cleanser fanatic, I love trying new brands and types of cleansers. I recently received these adorable mini’s of Mario Badescu’s Seaweed Cleansing Soap and Lotion. It was my first time testing anything by this brand, but it has certainly lived up to its reputation.

The Seaweed range is aimed at sensitive and dry skin, so perfectly suited for me. The Seaweed in the Cleansing Soap is anti-inflammatory and will sooth your skin, while small bits of seaweed act as a mild exfoliant. It smells of old fashioned soap to me, which I love but might not be to everyone’s taste.

Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Soap and Lotion

The color and texture did take some getting used to: this creamy substance is bright green with little dark green specks of seaweed in the mix. It is easy enough to distribute across the face, but wiping it off with a wet cloth does leave interesting green stains that made me feel a little like the hulk. Despite the color, it is a lovely gentle cleanser that doesn’t irritate my skin but still takes care of my make-up easily.

Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Soap and Lotion

The Seaweed Cleansing lotion is the toner from the same range with aloe vera, bladderwrack abstract, and witch hazel. No alcohol in this one, just how I like my toners. It feels very mild on the skin and doesn’t cause any reactions. The witch hazel is a disinfectant and slightly astringent, so perfect for handling occasional impurities on drier skin.

I have been using these together for several weeks now and I am very impressed. My skin looks clear and I haven’t had any redness or irritation. Lovely products: very promising for the rest of the Mario Badescu Skin Care Range.

9 thoughts on “Mario Badescu: Seaweed Cleansing Soap and Lotion

1. Beautylymin August 23, 2016 / 9:43 am

I’ve only heard great things about Mario Badescu products but have yet to try anything! I don’t know that a liquid soap would suit my skin though xx

Beautylymin

• Anne August 25, 2016 / 9:33 am

I wasn’t sure what to think of liquid soap either, but it was surprisingly gentle on my drier skin. Still, they have an amazing variety of ranges aimed at different skin types.
      xx Anne

2. Lauren August 22, 2016 / 8:46 pm

Great review! The Mario Badescu range has been rather intriguing to me for a while, I will definitely need to try something out!

• Anne August 25, 2016 / 9:33 am

I was very pleasantly surprised 😀 They have loads of different ranges, so be sure to have a look at what will suite you best.

• Lauren August 26, 2016 / 8:22 pm

Indeed! I’ve heard a lot about some of their products being well suited for acne and blemished skin so I will definitely need to give those a go!

3. stashy August 22, 2016 / 7:20 pm

Hey, it’s totally fine to admit to being a cleanser fanatic! 😉 No shame in that!
    I’ll have to try that Seaweed Cleansing lotion – sounds like I’d like it.

• Anne August 25, 2016 / 9:35 am

It has become slightly less fan and slightly more hoarder recently. I have promised myself not to buy any new cleansers until i am through the current stash.
      I think you would, it was actually a lovely product and my skin has looked great recently!

• Anne August 25, 2016 / 9:35 am